Talk to Us
Talk to a member of our team about
your project and get a quote now.
Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) is an additive manufacturing process melting fine powders to directly build metal components.
Advantages of Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS):
- Powerful additive manufacturing process allowing design driven manufacturing
- Thin wall and hollowing of components
- Pressure tapped components & cooling channels
- Fully dense, high performance materials
- Substantial waste savings over machining
- DMLS offers flexible batch production
- Ideal for one-off prototypes and low volume production
- Typical lead-times 3 – 5 days
- Typical tolerance ±0.04mm
- Typical repeatability 0.02mm
- Minimum wall thickness 0.2mm
- Maximum build size 250 x 250 x 300mm
- Typical surface finish 3-5 Ra before any machining or polishing
Maraging Steel (MS1) / M300 1.2709
Maraging steels form a class of iron alloys. This group of materials has a martensitic crystal structure and is strengthened via aging at approx 500°C, hence the name ‘maraging’. These ultra-low carbon alloys have a very high strength and hardness properties.